Kathryn, “Katie”, is an experienced Real Estate and Corporate attorney, and has closed over $3 billion in commercial real estate transactions throughout her career. During her over 20 years of legal practice, Katie has gained comprehensive experience in real estate development and general business matters. She has served as counsel to commercial and residential developers, property management and real estate companies, technology corporations, lending institutions and prominent shopping centers. Katie has handled matters related to retail, commercial and industrial properties in all aspects of real property planning and development.
Katie has specific expertise in the following areas:
- Financing: Construction and permanent financing of multifamily, retail and mixed-use facilities, provided by both institutional lenders and private investors.
- Commercial Leasing: Retail (including national chains and “big box” tenants), medical and standard office buildings, telecommunications, and industrial projects.
- Development and Construction: Shopping centers, master-planned residential communities, and other retail development, office and industrial sites.
- Real Estate Site Acquisition and Disposition: Individual properties and large portfolio acquisitions, 1031 exchanges, and ownership by tenancies-in-common.
- Business Entity Structuring: Formation and use of real property ownership and investment vehicles, including limited liability companies, joint ventures, and partnerships.
Katie graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara with a B.A. in Political Science and from Loyola Law School with her J.D.